Monday, September 15, 2008

I have arrived!

Hey friends and family! I am finally here! Well, I have been for the last week or so. This city is amazing. I must say that something were a delightful surprise to me while there have been a few things that i wouldn't want the US to emulate, haha. The Mexican people, in Mexico City specifically, are extremely gracious. Other countries I have been to I have had a similiar kind of treatment because of my nationality; however, here I know these people are just kind and would treat a multitude of different people with this degree of hospitality. I am living in a house with 5 other guys, well 7 other guys technically, but two of them are looking for a place to live still so they are staying with us in the meantime. Our house is very comfortable! 3 rooms upstairs and a living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, and garage downstairs, plus 2 bathrooms. The house is a pretty decent size so even with 8 guys in total right now, living is comfortable! Ok, so that was how things are doing here physically. Now spiritually, I have seen some amazing lives being lived in this city by the christians i have met, on the other hand i have seen a good deal of despair in some of the people i have met who desperately need to experience rebirth in Jesus. Very few christians that I have met in MC are anything but completely joyful people who are actively seeking to illuminate the truth of God's great love for us to the people in this city who desperately need it. I'm gonna keep these blog posts to an easily readable amount; however, you can be praying for the team and unity amongst our group, as well as asking God to continue to show us (as He has been) how He wants us to be most effective in this mega city! Thanks and I hope this year will be an encouragement to you guys.

Eric (AKA "Enrique", "Kike)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment