Saturday, February 28, 2009

A blog for a few missed blogs!

Hey friends and family,
So, I haven't been blogging as much as in the past and it has occurred to me that I really should be doing my best to keep you all informed so that you are able to pray for us down here; in addition, so that you yourselves can see God's faithfulness to my team and our contacts down here.

With that- I am back in D.F. (distrito federal, a.k.a. mexico city) and have been off and on for the last couple months. I say off and on because I have taken some impromptu trips to Guadalajara where Justin and Darren Hurst (the guys leading my team) are planting a church there the next year or so. Also, I came back to the states for a couple of weeks due a death in the family. My grandma, my mom's mom, had been diagnosed with cancer in an advanced stage and shortly after passed away. My family and I were shocked by the quickness of her passing only because we expected it to happen- but much later. The time home afforded me the opportunity to talk with a few members of my family about God a little, I am not sure how much of it came through but I hope some of it did. Also the pastor doing the eulogy had several strikingly decisive things to say about death and the afterlife about my grandma's conviction concerning Jesus's salvation. For that, I was very grateful. If you are able I know that my family is still feeling her loss a bit and could use prayer for strength; as well as direction in taking opportunities to share with my extended family.

Another quick family prayer, request is that my grandpa, dad's dad, is now in the hospital! haha, I was like "seriously" now grandpa!? However, fortunately it seems that God is giving him a second chance so to say. He has been immobile for a while and now it appears he might have some hope for walking and recuperating a bit. I gave him a pedicure last time I was over at his house a couple weeks ago and after that service we had the closest conversation than we had ever had about Jesus. So, hopefully things will begin to open up more with him due to his hospitalization, mom says she is amazed at his openness now to things- so pray for him if you would, his name is Len.

Thank you all for your support this year, who ever has been following this blog and/or praying for me I really appreciate it alot and I hope you have been encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment